Mahua row: CM steps in to soothe ruffled feathers - Latest & Breaking News, Politics, Entertainment News

Breaking

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Mahua row: CM steps in to soothe ruffled feathers


SNS, KOLKATA, 8 DECEMBER 2020 : In the wake of TMC's Krishnagar MP Mahua Moitra's outrageous comments against the media of "two paise press", chief minister Mamata Banerjee, in a guarded reply in the wake of widespread condemnation said, " Media commands respect and I respect media':
Kolkata Press Club in an issued statement condemned the MP's comments as highly "undesirable and humiliating. It is expected that the MP will withdraw her comments and tender apology".
However, not to be deterred by the Press Club's deploring, an unflinching Ms Moitra in a tweet today said, "The Press Club should look into how the members of the club stooped so low instead of wasting time on issuing statement against me".
State minister and senior party leader Subrata Mukherjee on Tuesday said the ruling dispensation does not believe in such statements.
"I have not heard it. But the comment does not sound nice. Mamata Banerjee and her party have a friendly relationship with the press. She believes in press relationship," he said.
"It does. not matter whether the media speaks in favour of us or not but we believe in a relationship with the press," the senior minister added.
State education minister Partha Chatterjee said, "I respect journalists. I often can't agree with many media houses. But, I have respect and confidence in their work."
Moitra on Twitter said, "My menu-editing skills are improving! I apologise for the mean, hurtful, accurate things I said."

No comments:

Post a Comment