Field Office Closures Hurt - Latest & Breaking News, Politics, Entertainment News

Breaking

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Field Office Closures Hurt

     From WWLP:
Fred Hall told Border Report he walked more than 14 blocks to get to the Social Security Administration office in Downtown San Diego trying to take care of “important Social Security business.” 
When he finally got there, he was turned away by a locked door adding to his frustrations of trying to get a hold of someone inside. ... 
“My phone is dead, I can’t get a phone to report that my phone is dead, I can’t go to the library to use the internet because the library is closed, the senior centers are closed, I just can’t get any help,” Hall said. ... 
It appears seniors like Hall, have become victims of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. While talking to him, at least two other senior citizens walked up to the office without getting inside or finding anyone to help them. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment